Rules for Range Officers
- Be aware, at all times, of what is taking place on the range and firing line. You cannot do this if you are shooting.
- Be neat in your appearance and courteous in your manner. You are the SVGC, and the Club will be judged by your actions.
- You will be provided with a vest identifying you as a Range Officer - wear it.
You will also be provided with a bullhorn - use it to call cease fire as well as other verbal commands. You are responsible for this equipment.
- Call a "cease fire" approximately every 15 minutes and make sure* the line is safe before you allow anyone to go down range.
Also, make sure the range is clear before you call a "commence fire."
Remember that shooters with ear protection cannot hear a normal speaking voice, so sound off!
- Be prepared to open the range at 1:00 p.m. and close it at 5:00 p.m. The Range Flag is to be flown during these hours.
- The most important part of your job as Range Officer is SAFETY!! lf any person commits a minor safety violation such as carrying
a firearm with the action closed, etc., or a person commits a major violation
such as firing during a cease fire or careless handling of a gun, etc., warn them immediately in a courteous, but firm, manner.
Don't throw your weight around, but get your point across. If the offender persists,
request they leave the range and, when you can, report their name to a SVCC Official or Director.
* To make sure the line is safe, all firearms will be made safe and benched.
ALL SHOOTERS WILL THEN STAND AWAY FROM THE FIRING LINE AND WILL NOT HANDLE ANY FIREARMS OR EQUIPMENT AS LONG AS THE
"CEASE FIRE" IS IN EFFECT.